The joy of owning and operating a pleasure vessel is a compelling dream for many, but it has often been said that the two best days of a yacht owner’s life are the day they buy a boat, and the day they sell it.
With ever changing domestic and EU legislation, ownership and use can entail specific complexities. Whether you are a boat buyer, builder, surveyor, insurer or seller, there can be many unexpected and unique challenges for the unwary where the expertise of a specialist Marine Law Solicitor is invaluable.
Tim Reynolds, a former boat builder himself, leads the Marine Law team and knows the sharp end from the blunt end when it comes to the complex issues involved. If it floats (or if it doesn’t!), we can help, providing informed and experienced advice, based on practical experience gained over 30 years in this unique field of law.
We deal with both personal and corporate clients, and in relation to a wide variety of marine related subject matters ranging from international acquisitions to foreshore rights. We deliver the dreams, and try to end the nightmares.
Get us onboard…
- Technical construction disputes.
- Contractual disputes.
- Marine conveyancing.
- Title disputes.
- Salvage and towage.
- Recreational Craft Directive/Maritime and Coastguard Agency compliance.
- Marine related personal injury and fatalities.
- Specialist marine new build/rebuild/conversion agreements.
- Marine distribution, agency and specialist services contract preparation.
- Outflagging, ownership vehicles and registration issues.
- VAT procedures and disputes.
- Ships Title investigation.
- Marine Brokerage, Surveying and Mortgage and Insurance disputes.