T: 023 9224 6711
Sara is an established senior solicitor with twenty years’ experience in all aspects of family law.
After studying Podiatric medicine and working for the NHS for several years, she made a career change in her late twenties to enter the legal profession. After finishing her studies at Nottingham Law School, she began a training contract in 1998 at The Owen Kenny Partnership and joined its Family Team as a permanent, fully qualified solicitor two years later.
‘I am sure that my years of caring for patients, listening to their concerns and trying to work out the best possible solution contributed to my aptitude for family law,’ explains Sara. ‘I have always enjoyed advocacy, felt comfortable in a courtroom, but work very hard to find a practical and cost effective solution at the earliest stage. I find using a wide range of skills helps achieve the most amicable and well thought through settlements, saving stress and expense.’
Sara specialises in advising on all matters relating to relationship break down and family disputes and has particular experience in dealing with high networth separations, complex financial affairs and sensitive issues regarding children.
Sara has successfully handled cases as far as the Court of Appeal including acting for the father in the reported case E v E (shared residence: financial relief)  1FLR 1228 concerning relocating of children. She is qualified in Collaborative Law, a Mediator and a past president of the Chichester District Law Society. Sara is also a member of the national organisation of Family Lawyers, Resolution.
Away from the office, Sara enjoys spending time with her family, looking after twins with her partner.
- 1996 Began studying law at DeMontfort University in Leicester
- 1998 Completed LPC at Nottingham Law School
- Began training contract at The Owen Kenny Partnership
- 2000 Qualified as a solicitor and joined Owen Kenny’s Family Department
- 2004 Joined the Partnership of Owen Kenny
- 2007 Became full equity Partner at Owen Kenny
- 2008 Qualified in Collaborative Law with Resolution
- 2009 Founded the Chichester Collaborative POD
- 2014 Qualified in Mediation
- 2015 Presdient of the Chichester District Law Society
- 2018 Joined Verisona Law as Associate Director and Head of Family Law
- Divorce / Civil Partnership Dissolution
- Financial Orders upon divorce
- Child Contact and Residence Applications
- Cohabitation / Unmarried Couples Agreements
- Pre-nuptial / Post-nuptial Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Civil partnership disputes
- Trust of Land cases
- Litigation and Contested Probates