T: 023 9231 2051
Robert has a broad commercial practice and has handled thousands of disputes relating to many commercial activities and industry sectors. He has acted in claims ranging from a few thousand pounds to several million, including cases where the commercial implications of the dispute carry a greater value than the dispute itself.
Applying negotiation, mediation and litigation as appropriate, Robert is well-known for his tenacious yet pragmatic approach to getting the best results for clients, while managing the risks and costs.
Robert Joined Gray Purdue in 2000, initially on a secondment from a client company. The opportunity to bridge the gap between lawyer and client gave Robert an insight into settling disputes and he seized the opportunity to join the firm full-time and progress through a series of qualifications whilst managing a diverse caseload of disputes, culminating in his admission as a solicitor.
After Gray Purdue merged with another firm to form Verisona Law in 2008, Robert relocated to the firm's Lakeside office and developed the firm's Commercial Dispute Resolution practice. In 2013 Robert was appointed as a director of the firm and now heads the Commercial Dispute Resolution team and oversees the various litigation teams across the firm.
Protecting and preserving business interests:
- Enforcing, terminating and recovery under contracts and agreements
- resolving disputes including contractual obligations and statutory or commonlaw duties duties
- Protecting brands, Intellectual Property and goodwill
- Protecting confidential information and trade secrets
- Protecting online and digital activities
- Recovery of money, property and assets
- Urgent relief including court applications, injunctions, freezing orders and search orders
- Mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution
- Including bringing and defending claims against:
- Accountants, and
for breach of professional, fiduciary and statutory duties.
Land and Property:
- Boundary disputes
- Dilapidations claims
- Actions against trespassers
- Forfeiture of leases and recovery of property
- Recovery by distraint
- Pursuing and defending claims on behalf of and against Liquidators and Administrators
- Strategic advice on merits, legal and tactical issues
- Asset tracing and recovery
- Claims against directors
- Alternative Dispute Resolution: Avoiding Courtroom Battles
- Don’t fall foul of the Jackson Reforms
- Cybercrime - How to prove you have been the victim
- Recruitment fees
- Ten tips for avoiding a commercial dispute
- Has your commercial tenant gone into administration?
- New Court Fees For Money Claims From April 2015
- Commercial recovery of rent arrears (CRAR)
- Debt Collection – Can't pay - Can they really take it away?
- Can a debtor go to prison for not paying a debt?
- 5 reasons you are not getting paid
- Invoice overdue?
- Debt Recovery