T: 023 9244 6901
Hayley Pierson studied law at Southampton Solent University and completed an LPC at Guildford College of Law. In 2006, she took her first job as Project Co-ordinator for law firm Coffin Mew where she gained experience of compliance issues surrounding legislation, professional accreditation and codes of conduct.
With her newly acquired professional skills and experience, Hayley was invited to join international recruitment agency, Matchtech, as a Quality Analyst and it was here she was offered a training contract to become a fully qualified solicitor in 2011.
‘It was quite an unusual path to qualification,’ Hayley says. ‘I was able to cover various areas of law including recruitment, employment and immigration and was then offered the position of In-House Solicitor to provide legal advice and support across Matchtech’s operations.’
After five and a half years, Hayley is now making a return to legal practice by joining Verisona Law as Compliance Manager. ‘Though I have thoroughly enjoyed my work experience to date, it does feel great to be back at a law firm.’
‘My role includes requesting and inspecting files to make sure Verisona Law adheres to the Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct in all its paperwork, processes and client engagement and keeping an eye on systems to guard against fraud and money laundering.
• 2004 Graduated from Southampton Solent University with a Bachelor of Laws
• 2006 Completed the LPC course at Guildford College of Law
• 2006 Joined Coffin Mew as Project Co-ordinator
• 2007 Joined Matchtech as a Quality Analyst
• 2011 Qualified as a Solicitor
• 2011 Became In-House Solicitor at Matchtech
• 2016 Joined Verisona Law as Compliance Manager
• Solicitors Regulation Authority Code of Conduct
• ISO accreditation compliance
• Professional conduct and best practice