T: 023 9224 6757
David Hawkins joined Verisona Law from Slater & Gordon, as a Litigation Executive in the Historic Abuse Team in August 2016.
David has almost 20 years’ experience working in Personal Injury law. After working in the insurance sector for many years, firstly in general insurance, then moving to dealing with Personal Injury claims for the insurers, he decided to join the legal profession to uphold and pursue the rights of people who have been injured through no fault of their own.
After 13 years working for firms in West Sussex, acting for Claimants in a wide range of claims, from Road Traffic Accidents, Work Accidents to Clinical Negligence Claims, he has dealt with many complex, high value cases involving severe physical and psychological injuries. David has earned a reputation as a robust litigator, securing the best results for clients, whilst being approachable, explaining often complicated issues in plain English.
‘Verisona Law has a well-respected reputation and achieved a great deal of success in this developing area of law and I wanted to bring my expertise and experience to an impressively dynamic team,’ he says.
David is married with two young children..
Since 2003, David has acted for Claimants in Law Firms across Sussex, including 11 years at Bennett Griffin LLP in Worthing, where he worked with a small dedicated team of personal injury lawyers, dealing with complex high value claims. David joins Verisona Law from Slater & Gordon, a large national firm, having wanted to get back to his roots of providing a quality, personal service.
David is an accredited Senior Litigator with the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers and has specialist legal experience in the following areas:
- Child Abuse Claims
- Personal Injury
- Clinical Negligence
- Professional Negligence & Liability
- Litigation & Disputes
- Uncovering hidden medical mistakes
- Have you slipped or tripped on a public road or pavement?
- Personal injury compensation: never accept an early offer and always take advice
- GMC investigates high-profile cancer surgeon
- Claims for compensation for medical negligence
- Negligence claim time limit for Paterson surgery claims
- Maternity staff are making more than 1,400 mistakes in NHS wards every week
- A breast surgeon has been convicted of intentionally wounding patients in "completely unnecessary" operations.
- An under-fire NHS trust is still using an "unfit for purpose" patient system 10 months after it was linked to a man's death.
- Isle of Wight health services are to be placed in special measures following a "deterioration in safety and quality".
- NHSLA rebranded - Will the NHS Resolution be a revolution?
- Case wrongly marked as Non-urgent results in life changing damage
- NHS in lost records scandal