Intellectual property Solicitors
Are you protecting a valuable asset? Whatever the size of your business and whatever you do, you are probably generating intellectual property. This could be an innovative product or design, a theatrical work, a piece of software or a trusted brand that you could one day sell.
The important thing is to protect this property, just as you would your house or your car, so that no-one can use it without your permission and paying you a healthy fee.
How you protect your intellectual property depends on what it is. Copyright for example is granted automatically to authors, while trademarks for brands or patents for designs must be registered.
Applying for patents and trademarks can be a complex business, but we will talk you through the issues, find the best answer for your property and business, and handle registration. Having the right protection in place provides a good deterrent and makes it far easier to take action through the courts if somebody does infringe your rights.
You can find out more about intellectual property below or call us right now to discuss your situation and how we can help.
Trade mark registrations, oppositions and renewals
- advice on registering your company name or logo strengthening your brand
- transfers of title
- infringement and passing-off procedures
- revocation actions and challenges to validity
Patents and protection of inventions
- advice on registering your invention and protecting your know-how
Copyright and designs
- advice in relation to the protection and licensing of copyright and designs
- registration of design rights
Commercial agreements that will release the value of your IP
- advising developers, licensors and licensees
- joint ventures
- research and development
- data sharing
Confidence and trade secrets
- drafting of non-disclosure agreements
- taking injunctive action