Verisona Law has a specialist real estate team to guide you through the complexities of your commercial property transaction. We bring a blend of in-depth knowledge, practical advice and high service standards to understanding and achieving your goals. Our experience in property development and commercial property is both regional and national.
From negotiating dilapidation clauses on leasehold agreements to carrying out due diligence on major property purchases or sales, we pride ourselves on our ability to get things done quickly, professionally and cost effectively.
Active regionally and nationally, we have contributed to the long-term security and success of many occupiers and owners, in fields as diverse as office, retail, commercial and industrial, and residential development.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your commercial property situation and how we can help, please contact us.
- Acting for both land owners and property developers in relation to both residential and commercial development projects.
- Advising on the structure and content of the legal documentation associated with the sale and acquisition of development sites.
- Negotiating section 106 planning agreements.
- Negotiation of option agreements and conditional planning agreements.
- Plot sales / disposals.
Landlord and Tenant
- Advising both landlords and tenants in relation to the taking of and the grant of commercial leases of all form of commercial property.
- Dealing with subleases of commercial premises.
- Dealing with ancillary leasehold documentation such as licences to alter, change of use or licence to sublet.
- Advising in relation to variations of leases.
- Advising in relation to agreements for leases including development obligations.
Real Estate Finance
- Acting for both lenders and borrowers in relation to the taking and granting of security over all forms of commercial property.
- Acting and advising borrowers in relation to obligations in standard security documentation issued by both corporate and individual lenders.
- Perfecting a lenders security over the property at the Land Registry and Companies House.
- Dealing with commercial remortgages.
- Dealing with variations to existing security or substituted security.
- Acting for liquidators, administrators in bankruptcy in the sale of all forms of commercial property.
- Acting on and dealing with the sale of property under the Proceeds of Crime Act.
- Acting for buyers of commercial property from liquidators, administrators and trustees in bankruptcy.
- Acting for sellers and buyers of all forms of commercial investment property.
- Advising on the due diligence to be undertaken in connection with the acquisition of investment premises.
- Advising in relation to the VAT and TUPE implications arising out of an investment transaction.
- Advising buyers in relation to their ongoing liabilities under the individual leases.
- Advising on the property aspects arising out of the sale and purchase of businesses.
- Advising on the nature and extent of property warranties included within the legal documentation.
- Advising and dealing with obtaining the necessary consents for the transfer of any leasehold premises as part of the corporate transaction.
Property related Pension Schemes
- Acting for pension providers and individuals in relation to property related pension scheme arrangements.
- Advising pension companies in relation to the legal structure of property related schemes.
- Carrying out appropriate due diligence in relation to the property aspects of a pension scheme.
- Advising on and dealing with issues arising out of the transfer of assets from one pension fund to another.
Sales and Acquisition of Commercial Property
- Acting for sellers and buyers in relation to the sale and acquisition of all forms of commercial property
“Our projects are often opportunities that arise where there are legal complications and/or the matters are time sensitive. Sometimes we take on projects where others have tried and failed.
“We use Julian De Giovanni because we have found him adept at identifying problems early on and then either resolving them or advising us of our position. He always has in mind the importance to us of being able to sell on completed units quickly and cleanly once we have concluded a project.
“This was a project where there was a lot to be done in a short space of time. Nevertheless the job was still carried out to the same standard as if time were no object.
“Julian puts in the extra effort that is required to get the job done. He is contactable, answers the phone and replies to messages. He meets and exceeds our expectations whilst remaining a pleasant person to deal with! I have had no hesitation in recommending him to others.”
SLC Property LTD”
Property Development Company
“I felt that Julian De Giovanni kept on top of this transaction and ensured that I was regularly updated. This was the first time that we had instructed Julian but won’t be the last.”
Wallop Defence Systems”
Defence Technology Company