Commercial dispute resolution
Even the best managed businesses become involved in legal disputes that can suddenly emerge from nowhere. Whether you are defending a claim, recovering your losses or protecting your business, we can advise you on the optimum legal options for your business and situation – so that you can get back to normal as soon as possible.
Wherever possible we employ the art of persuasion, encouraging the other party to take part in constructive mediation or negotiations to reach a commercial solution. If however court is the only option, we will fight your corner fiercely.
Prevention, as they say, is better than cure. We regularly work with businesses to reduce the risk of disputes, for example by reviewing and revising their contractual terms or advising on new statutory requirements. We can draw on the business legal expertise of colleagues across Verisona Law – to provide a service that fits the bigger picture of your business.
- Breach of contract
- Trade disputes
- On-line traders
- Supply of defective goods/services
- Claims under personal guarantees
- Debt & asset recovery
- Ownership disputes
- Development disputes
- Option agreements
- Boundary disputes
- Adverse possession
- Rights of way
- Enforcing securities
- Restrictions & encumbrances
- Land Registry applications
- Property/estate management
- Service charges
- Payment/certification disputes
- Building defects
- Sub-contractor disputes
- JCT, NEC, RIBA & similar design/build agreements
Landlord & Tenant disputes
- Rent arrears
- Guarantor’s liability
- Recovering possession
- Protected lease renewals
- Breach of covenant
- Disrepair claims
- Unlawful assignment/sub-letting
- Break clauses
- Rent reviews
- Administrators & receivers
- Recovery of recruitment fees
- Disputed cause of introduction
- Candidate suitability
- Dual introducers
- Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003
- Ownership and transfers of equity
- Unfair prejudice claims
- Derivative actions
- Partnership dissolution & winding up
- Bank mis-selling
- SWAPS/LIBOR claims
Protection of Intellectual Property rights
- Domain name disputes/cyber squatting
- Passing off
- Breach of confidentiality
- Copyright and trademark infringement
"Having recently used Verisona Law to help recover a commercial debt due to us, I would highly recommend them. Jeremy was very professional and helpful, giving information throughout the case, and he was also very calm which really helped us."
"I would like to thank you for the first class service we have received from you. Your advice and the professional way you treated us throughout culminated in a result which, prior to your appointment, seemed a long way away."
"I was very impressed with your support and advice in this matter."
"Many thanks for your help and constant support."