Wills, trusts and probate solicitors
Death is not something many of us care to think about, but there are few pieces of paperwork that are more important than a Will.
By keeping an up-to-date, legally binding Will you can be confident that your final wishes will be understood and that you will have made life simpler and more secure for the loved ones you leave behind.
So why do surveys show that up to two thirds of people in the UK die without leaving this straightforward document?
One common misconception is that ‘my partner will inherit automatically’ but this is not guaranteed and is plain wrong if you are neither married nor in a civil partnership.
This alone is an excellent reason to make or review your Will now – and there are plenty of others, from stating your wishes for the care of your children or pets to limiting inheritance tax liabilities. Our experienced team also specialise in Probate, Estates, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Trusts, Court of Protection, Inheritance Tax, Grant of Probate and Claims against an Estate.
For most people making a Will is a relatively straightforward and inexpensive process. Please put things in place before it is too late.
To download our brochure about making a will, please click here.
Whilst you're thinking creating a will, why not appoint a Lasting Power of Attorney (LPA)? We offer discount packages to individuals who update their Will and LPA at the same time.
What our clients say about us
"Faultless service throughout, which was such a change from previous experiences with other firms of solicitors."
"I really want to thank you all for how swiftly, courteously and efficiently you were all able to fulfil my request of updating my Will. In these uncertain times, I can now be at ease about how my estate is to be dealt with."
"I would like to also take this opportunity to thank you on behalf of myself, my brother and my sister for your kindness, empathy and professionalism towards us when dealing with our mother’s estate. As you were aware from our first meeting it was very important to our late mother that my sister always had a home, and we are all so happy and relieved that we have been able to fulfil this wish for her, with the help of yourself and your Conveyancing department."
- Will drafting
- Review of existing Wills
- Advice re provision for children, second families, spouses and civil partners, unmarried partners and other family members
- Advice re charitable gifts
- Advice re foreign and business assets
- Advice re Will trusts
- Inheritance Tax advice
- Advice re Trust creation and ongoing management
- Preparation of trust deeds and other trust documentation
- Declarations of Trust
- Termination of trusts
Probate and Administration of Estates
- Advice re the terms of the Will or intestacy rules where there is no Will
- Obtaining values for the various assets and liabilities in the estate, notifying the various institutions and obtaining all necessary estate information
- Obtaining a grant of probate or letters of administration as appropriate
- Dealing with and advice re Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Income Tax, liaising with HMRC
- Notifying and liaising with the beneficiaries of the estate
- Preparing a deed of variation or a deed of disclaimer in relation to the estate
- Selling or transferring the various assets due to the beneficiaries
- Dealing with foreign assets and Wills
- Advice re estate disputes and claims against an estate
"We have now received all of the information for the deputyship. We are delighted with the outcome. I would like to take the opportunity to say thank you for your work and support. It was a difficult thing for us due to the circumstances, but you made it easy and that really helped.
Thank you also for the settlement of the account, we are very grateful. I have friends who have Autistic children and adults I will recommend you in the future".
“If it had not been for the EPA I would have had real problems even discussing my mother’s affairs with banks, investment companies, government departments and care providers, much less paying her bills from her account.
“Being able to supply copies of the EPA to the various parties meant they would speak to me and act on my instructions. Without it I would have had to pursue a long, complicated and expensive legal process – at a very difficult time personally.
“I would absolutely recommend planning ahead and making an LPA. It could make a huge difference to your loved ones.”