If you suspect you or a loved one has suffered as a result of clinical negligence it is vital to get specialist legal advice as soon as you possibly can.
Our clinical negligence lawyers in Portsmouth have many years of experience and are experts at getting to the truth - so that you can understand what happened and gain the compensation or support you need. We deal with cases in many fields, including medical negligence, birth injuries (such as cerebral palsy) and cancer misdiagnosis. Our goal is to help you move on, long-term and as fully as possible.
Many clients are concerned about costs. We will investigate your case thoroughly before advising you whether or not to proceed and in most circumstances can offer you ‘no-win, no-fee’ terms. We then handle everything for you, compiling evidence and pursuing your case efficiently, through the NHS compensation process or privately, through negotiation or in Court.
If you would like to know more please contact our medical negligence experts in Portsmouth, in absolute confidence, to arrange a free initial consultation.
What can we do for you?
We have extensive experience and expertise in medical negligence law which gives us the confidence to deal with any type of medical negligence case and get you the best result. These cases are often very sensitive, so we will build a positive working relationship with you, whilst leaving no stone unturned in order to get to the truth.
We have lawyers who are accredited members of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL), which means we abide by their Code of Conduct and Consumer Charter to offer the very best service to you.
What are the different types of medical negligence?
Below are some of the medical negligence claims we have experience in:
- Birth injury
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Negligent nursing care (e.g. pressure sores)
- Dental negligence
- GP negligence
- Wrongly prescribed medication
- Negligent cardiac care
- Failure to give a patient “informed consent”
- Wrong diagnosis (e.g. failure to spot a fracture)
- Negligent cosmetic surgery
This is by no means the end of the list, and if you think you have suffered as a result of medical negligence, please contact us and we can discuss whether this is something we can take further for you.
Call our Clinical and Medical Negligence Solicitors on 023 9298 1000 or start your compensation claim online and we’ll call you.
How we have helped our clients
- Acted for a young lady who suffered Cerebral Palsy as a result of mis-managed labour. The claim settled in excess of £2 million four weeks before trial together with an additional amount by way of periodical payments for the remainder of her life.
- Acted for the family of a gentleman whom the NHS failed to recall for follow up Gastroscopy following a diagnosis of Barrett’s Oesophagus, sadly with a fatal outcome. The claim settled in excess of £300,000 without having to go to Court.
- Handled a case for the family of an elderly gentleman who had been sectioned to hospital under the Mental Health Act. Regrettably the hospital failed in their duty of care to adequately risk assess and the gentleman suffered a fall, causing an injury to his head whilst in their care. Unfortunately he later died from the head related injuries and the matter was ultimately settled in his favour.
What our clients say about us
"You really do make life for people in difficult situation so much easier to live with and for anyone going through such a scary time in their lives, they are so lucky to have you helping them."