Claiming for historic child abuse and sexual abuse
If you have suffered child abuse, even if it was a long time ago, our highly experienced, specialist legal team can help you get the compensation and closure you deserve.
We understand that, very often, we are there for the first time people have ever spoken about what has happened to them and, for that reason, we do our best to make it as easy as possible to assess and pursue a claim.
We have substantial experience in bringing claims against the following people and organisations:
- Foster carers
- Schools and colleges
- Churches and religious organisations
- Sports clubs
- Celebrities and public figures
- Claims to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA)
People always have lots of questions before pursuing a child abuse claim: ‘do I have a case?’, ‘what will happen if I start a claim?’, ‘will family and friends find out?’, ‘will I have to go to court?’. If you are not yet ready to talk, we hope you will find some answers to your initial questions here. If you feel able to meet, we will come and see you, free of charge, without obligation and in total confidence.
We can discuss your experiences and if you would like us to, make some discreet enquiries. From this we should be able to advise you if we think you have a winnable case and explain your options.
Many child abuse cases are settled out of court, your identity can be protected and you will have us on your side. Speak to our child abuse claims specialist to learn more about the process or making a claim for compensation. Our team are extremely experienced in cases of sexual abuse claims, abuse in children's homes, schools, hospital schools, social services abuse, and all historic child abuse claims and act with sensitivity and confidentiality in all of our work.
Our specialist solicitors at Verisona Law can help you make a claim if you were abused. Contact our caring team for guidance and advice on the options available to you. We act for most clients on a no win no fee basis, and we can also advise you about making a claim to the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers