Verisona Law was instructed to pursue claims against the Scouts Association in respect of alleged abuse suffered at the hands of a former scoutmaster, Nicholas Thorpe.
We represented two people who were involved in the successful conviction of Nicholas Thorpe in 2012. Thorpe was convicted in April 2012 and following further allegations he was given an extended sentence in December 2012.
The civil claim we brought was against the Scouts Association and sought damages for the assaults themselves, the damage caused as a result and for any medical therapy that would help.
Verisona Law successfully secure settlements for both individuals in the sums of £7,500.00 and £31,500.00.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers