Following ongoing investigations into Muckamore Abbey Hospital, a 36 year old woman has been arrested in connection with allegations of abuse.
The woman was detained in the Antrim area on Monday 16 December and has now been released on bail pending further enquires. This arrest is noted to be the fourth in the ongoing investigation.
Police are continuing to review the investigation and masses of CCTV footage of the hospitals wards.
Some 40 members of staff are said to have been suspended to date over the alleged mistreatment of patients with mental health issues and learning difficulties within the hospital.
If you, or a loved one, have been affected by physical, psychological or emotional abuse, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced clinical negligence lawyers who will be happy to speak to you about whether it may be possible to pursue a claim.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."