A MAN is due to appear in court charged with historic sex offences at a Hampshire children’s home.
William John Gillham is due to appear before Southampton Crown Court.
The 64-year-old was charged on Wednesday with 15 counts of indecent assault and other serious sexual offences against boys who were under the age of 16 during the 1980s in Hampshire.
Gillham, whose address is Rue des Fours Ecoine, Deux-Sèvres, France, faces charges relating to alleged offences at the former Palmerston House children’s home on Botley Road, Romsey.
Hampshire police have said that this investigation does not involve any other children’s homes or institutions.
It charges follow inquiries by detectives from Hampshire Constabulary’s Operation Marmion, investigating non-recent cases of child sexual exploitation (CSE) and abuse have charged a man with serious sexual offences involving children.
The charges form part of Hampshire Constabulary’s ongoing review of non-recent CSE and abuse cases
If you, or a loved one, have been affected by child abuse, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced lawyers who will be happy to speak to you about whether it may be possible to bring a claim.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."