Vice President of one of Britain’s leading ballet schools resigns following allegations of inappropriate behaviour.
Jonathan Barton of the Ballet West Scotland, has recently resigned amidst allegations of “inappropriate sexual behaviour” towards students.
Mr Barton has been accused of abusing his position in order to have sexual contact with teenage pupils.
It is understood that more than 60 women, former students, staff and parents, have made allegations of Mr Barton’s inappropriate behaviour between 2004 and 2018.
An external independent inquiry has been launched into the allegations. Mr Barton has denied any wrongdoing notwithstanding he has tendered his resignation.
If you, or a loved one has been affected by this story, please contact our team of specialist historic abuse lawyers on 02392 98 100 or email email@example.com
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."