A FORMER Scout leader who abused a teenage girl at Butchers Coppice has been spared a prison sentence.
David Oliver, of Coombe Gardens in Bournemouth, was convicted of six counts of indecent assault following a five-day trial at Bournemouth Crown Court.
Jurors heard the defendant, now 51, kissed and sexually assaulted his young victim on a number of occasions in the late 1990s.
The girl, who was under the age of 16, was targeted in the grounds around the Scout camp and an office at the site.
On one occasion, she was assaulted in Oliver’s car on the way to a camp in the New Forest.
The defendant was sentenced to two years in prison suspended for two years and ordered to complete an activity requirement and a two-year supervision order.
He will also be on the sex offenders register for a decade.
Verisona Law have significant expertise in pursuing claims against the Scouts Association. We have an ongoing claim in respect of alleged sexual abuse at the hands of this former Scout leader at Butchers Coppice Scout Camp.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."