Jack Jones pleaded guilty to 14 offences against young boys at Thorold Home, Southampton that took place in the 80s and 90s.
Southampton Crown Court heard how Jones would assault teenage boys at the home in their bedrooms, a shed, swimming baths and his car.
Jones, 57, of Goose Lane, York, went by the name of Eamonn Tallon at the time of the offences, and was convicted of assaulting three boys aged between 11 and 13 while working at Thorold Home.
The court heard how publicity generated by a previous court case which saw Jones jailed for four years prompted more victims to come forward.
Jones was previously found guilty of sexual offences committed while working at the home in 2003.
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with claims in respect of child abuse . If you were subject to abuse please do not hesitate to contactour specialist child abuse team. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."