Simon Ferris, 41, admitted three counts of sexual activity with a child and one count of causing or inciting sexual activity with a girl.
The offences took place when he taught at Princethorpe College, Rugby.
Ferris, of Weedon, Northamptonshire was given a a 10-year Sexual Harm Prevention Order at Birmingham Crown Court on Wednesday.
He was jailed for 14 months for offences against one girl and four months for offences against the second girl, to run consecutively.
Ferris will be placed on the sex offender register for 10 years.
Det Con Kate Jackson said: "This marks the end of a thorough investigation by Warwickshire Police and I hope that the result gives a clear warning to other offenders that we take all allegations of sexual offences seriously and are committed to bringing those responsible to justice.
"I would like to thank the victims in this case, and the school, for their co-operation which enabled us to bring a successful prosecution and protecting other potential victims from harm."
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with claims in respect of child abuse claims. If you were subject to abuse please do not hesitate to contactour specialist child abuse team. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."