The Limitation (Childhood Abuse) (Scotland) Bill has today been passed by Parliament.
The Bill seeks to amend the Prescription & Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 by removing the current three year limitation period in actions seeking damages in respect of personal injury where the action relates to abuse when the person who sustained the injuries was a child at the time of the abuse. It allows the raising of claims dating as far back as 1964. It also gives the right to resurrect claims that previously failed on the grounds of limitation.
A link to the Bill can be found below:
This will no doubt be a welcome result to those who have suffered but begs the quesion...will the English Legal System follow?
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."