Robert James Thomson – former foster carer & 5th Boys Brigade worker convicted of multiple indecent assault charges
A foster carer from Surrey, who also worked for the Boys Brigade & attended the Thames Young Mariners, has been convicted of indecently assaulting multiple foster children in his care.
Robert James Thomson sexually abused multiple boys whilst in a position of trust as their foster carer, in Ewell, Surrey, during the late 1980s and 1990s. One complainant’s allegations related to abuse dating back to the late 1970s and 1980s including at the 5th Boys Brigade.
The jury convicted Thomson of multiple indecent assault charges at Guildford Crown Court on 10 May 2018 and on the 7 June 2018 was sentenced to a period of 22 years in relation to the offences he was convicted of.
We are instructed in relation to one of the complainants and would ask that anyone with knowledge of Robert James Thomson and the United Reform Church Epsom/ 5th Boys Brigade/ Crusaders/ West Rural Fellowship Church Group &/ the Thames Young Mariners (Canoeing) to please contact us on 02392 446916.
If you, or a loved one, have been affected by sexual abuse, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced lawyers who will be happy to speak to you about whether it may be possible to bring an abuse claim.’
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."