Robert Iskett a former scout leader has been jailed for a series of sexual offences against a young West Sussex sea scout twenty years ago.
He was sentenced to a total of five and a half years imprisonment when he appeared at Portsmouth Crown Court on Thursday (31 August), having been convicted at the same court on 24 August after a trial.
He will also be a registered sex offender indefinetely.
Iskett was convicted of three offences against the then-teenage boy, while he was leader of a group of sea scouts in Selsey in the late 1990s. It is understood Iskett was acquitted of a fourth offence by the jury.
He indecently assaulted the boy during a group trip to the West Midlands, and also indecently assaulted and carried out acts of gross indecency with the boy at the address at which Iskett then lived in Selsey.
Iskett's defence was that the allegations made were simply not true and at sentencing Iskett remained in denial despite accepting the verdicts of the jury.
At the time of his arrest in November 2015, Iskett was the District Scout Commissioner in Hampshire. Upon his arrest Iskett was immediately suspended from his role and following his conviction he was permanently excluded from the Scout Association. He had links to the Scouting association in Selsey, Jersey, Bournemouth and Eastleigh.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."