A former Farnborough PE teacher and athletics coach, Richard Hilary, was sentenced to 15 years in prison after sexually assaulting five girls under the age of 16 when he was a teacher.
He targeted five victims, aged from 11 to 15, who were groomed by Hilary and urged to engage in sexual activity with him.
Hilary was convicted of 14 counts of indecent assault against five girls between 1978 and 1984 when when he was a teacher at The Wavell School in Farnborough and a coach at Winchester Athletics Club.
He also spent 12 years as headteacher of Chamberlayne Park School in Southampton, Hants, after the alleged offences took place.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Your help in pursuing and fighting my case is greatly appreciated, not by just myself but my whole family. Only through the progression of the case have I found it easier to talk about it and this has helped deal with something I had locked away since the day I left the school. It has allowed me to talk about my experiences far more openly and without the stigma of shame I had felt for so long.
Once again thank you sincerely for your time and patience in dealing with my case."
Abuse Survivor, St Georges School, Norfolk