A former Farnborough PE teacher and athletics coach, Richard Hilary, was sentenced to 15 years in prison after sexually assaulting five girls under the age of 16 when he was a teacher.
He targeted five victims, aged from 11 to 15, who were groomed by Hilary and urged to engage in sexual activity with him.
Hilary was convicted of 14 counts of indecent assault against five girls between 1978 and 1984 when when he was a teacher at The Wavell School in Farnborough and a coach at Winchester Athletics Club.
He also spent 12 years as headteacher of Chamberlayne Park School in Southampton, Hampshire, after the alleged offences took place.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."