A retired teacher has been charged following an investigation into historic sexual abuse claims at a Lancashire school.
Grahame Brennand, 69, of Calder Avenue, Fulwood, is accused of 24 counts of indecent assault against 13 former female pupils at a primary school where he taught.
The alleged offences were committed between 1974 and 1988 when Mr Brennand was a teacher and then deputy head teacher at St John’s Primary School in Baxenden, East Lancashire.
All the victims were aged 10 at the time of the offences.
Mr Brennand is due to appear before Burnley Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 18 April.
If you too have suffered or know somebody who has, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. All discussions will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."