A PCSO and Scout leader has denied the sexual assault of a young boy and making indecent images of children.
Matthew Hopkins, aged 29 from Ivybridge, Devon, appeared at Truro Crown Court on Wednesday morning to face nine charges, including one count of sexual assault on a boy aged under 13 by touching, which is alleged to have taken place in 2006.
He also faced four counts of possessing indecent images of children, three counts of making indecent images of children and one count of possession of an extreme image.
Hopkins entered a not guilty plea to all nine counts and will face trial at Truro Crown Court, starting on February 19.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."