A rowing coach has denied sexually abusing ten young boys at George Osborne’s old school and said he never wanted to be a teacher.
Patrick Marshall, 70, allegedly preyed on vulnerable pupils during the sixties and seventies at Windsor Grammar School, Windsor and then at St Paul’s School, in Barnes, south west London.
He would befriend the boy’s families, gain their trust, and then ply the underage boys with alcohol and gifts before making them perform sexual acts, Southwark Crown Court heard.
Marshall, who was also a geography teacher, took some of the boys on holidays across Europe, stayed over at their homes and got them to help him with building work, it was said.
The teacher, who was seen as ‘cool’ by the pupils, would allegedly select a favourite ‘seduce’ them and then drop the schoolboy in favour of another.
Marshall from Farnham in Surrey, denies 24 counts of indecent assault and one count of gross indecency with a child.
If you too have suffered or know somebody who has, then please do not hesitate to get in touch. All discussions will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."