A former scout master is facing prison for sexually abusing young boys.
Norman Thompson, 66, pleaded guilty to 10 charges of indecently assaulting a male person when he appeared at Carlisle Crown Court today.
He had previously admitted 19 other indecent assault charges, and one further count of making indecent photographs of a child.
Thompson's historic offending is said to cover a period spanning three decades, between 1984 and 2000, and relates to seven different victims - the youngest of whom is said to have been aged 11.
Thompson is set to be sentenced for all of his crimes at the crown court on Friday 12 May 2017.Verisona Law have significant expertise in pursuing claims against the Scouts Association.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."