Neil Turner, 63, retired, of Pevensey Gardens, West Worthing, was sentenced to a total of two-and-a-half years’ imprisonment when he appeared at Lewes Crown Court on Tuesday, June 27, police said.
Police said Turner, who previously taught at Shoreham College and pleaded guilty, had assaulted boys in the 1980s and 1990s.
He will be a registered sex offender for life.
Detective Constable Matt Moores of Worthing Investigations said; “Our investigation started in November, 2015, when the first victim came to us, having not spoken about his experiences to anyone since they occurred.
“We then contacted the two other victims, who had previously alleged offences against them by Turner and which had been investigated, although criminal proceedings had not been possible at the time.
“This case is a further example of the way in which we will always take such reports seriously, no matter how long go were the events, and will seek to investigate and wherever possible to achieve justice and some closure for victims.”
Police emphasised that the offending was historic and that there are no safeguarding issues for Shoreham College in relation to this case.
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with claims in respect of child abuse. If you were subject to child abuse please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."