A former dance teacher has been found guilty of sexual offences towards former pupils in the 1970s and 80s.
Neil Harris, 72, from Manta Road in Tamworth, was a teacher at a Birmingham dance school for more than 50 years.
Police said Harris would pull down one victim's top to see how she was "developing" at the school in Erdington.
He was found guilty of seven counts of indecent assault relating to four girls at Birmingham Crown Court on Thursday.
When one of his victims from 1983 learned Harris was still teaching at the dance school in 2015, she came forward and told police he had touched her sexually between the ages of nine and 13.
As more victims came forward, Harris was charged with 21 counts of indecent assault on seven children in March.
He was found guilty of seven counts of indecent assault relating to four girls in the 1970s and 80s, and not guilty of 14 charges.
Harris is due to be sentenced on 19 January at Birmingham Crown Court.
If you, or a loved one, have been affected by sexual abuse, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced lawyers who will be happy to speak to you about whether it may be possible to bring an abuse claim.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."