A former teacher has been jailed for 12 years for 11 sex offences against boys at a boarding school and possession of indecent images of children.
Martin Haigh was teaching at Ashdown House School, in East Sussex, in the 1970s, when he committed the crimes.
The 67-year-old, of Lavender Street, Brighton, was convicted of four offences against two boys, following a trial at Lewes Crown Court.
At a previous hearing he admitted seven other offences against two other boys.
Haigh was sentenced to a total of 11 years for the sexual offences and an additional one year for the possession of indecent images, which he also admitted
If you were subject to abuse in your childhood please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor and head of abuse team.. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."