The long-awaited Lambeth Children’s Homes Redress Scheme is now live.
The Council announced on the 18 December that it had secured government permission to borrow the £100million needed fund the scheme.
Former residents of Lambeth Children’s Home and/or Shirley Oaks Primary School prior to their closure in the 1980s and 1990s will be eligible for the scheme.
Compensation is available to those who suffered physical, sexual or psychological injury through the redress scheme which also makes provision for a ‘Harm’s Way Payment’ of up to £10,000.
Former residents can apply for the ‘Harms Way Payment’ regardless of whether or not they were subjected to abuse whilst they were in the care of Lambeth Council.
The Shirley Oaks Survivors Assocation has worked tirelessly in obtaining this gournd breaking scheme and we congratulate their hard work and efforts which will make a difference to many lives.
Verisona Law are working with the Shirley Oaks Survivors Association to progress scheme applications on behalf of survivors and have further pledged that each survivor successful will receive 100% of their compensation.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."