The Haut de la Garenne victims can now point to another legal victory, following the imprisonment today of Anthony and Morag Jordan, in their fight for justice.
We act for victims who are seeking damages from the States of Jersey in relation to the abuse they suffered at Haut de la Garenne the Jersey children’s home. They have suffered physical and psychological harm as result of the abuse they experienced whist in the States of Jersey’s care.
Some of the victims have had to relive their experiences by giving evidence in criminal proceedings brought against their abusers.
The Jordans’ conviction, which follows on convictions, in previous prosecutions only serves in our opinion the victim’s plight and the justness of their case.
We are pressing the States of Jersey to compensate the victims now. The victims have suffered in silence for many years, and have had painful and traumatic memories rekindled by the criminal proceedings. The delay in being compensated has also caused them much anguish.
For further information please contact Charles Derham on 023 9298 1000.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."