Given that the Haut de la Garenne victims can claim another legal victory following the Jordans’ conviction and sentencing we call upon the States of Jersey to do the decent thing and pay compensation without further delay.
We act for victims who have sufferred abuse, the torment and the memories of the abuse, and for some of them having to relive the abuse in criminal proceedings. There can be no question that they have sufferred grevious wrongs as children whilst in the care of the States of Jersey and it is only right that they now be compensated.
Compensation of course can never put right the damage inflicted, but it will serve as an acknowledgment of the great harm and injustice sufferred.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."