An ex-teacher and former football referee from Bromley has been jailed for historical sexual abuse against two teenage boys.
Harvey Franks, of Fontwell Drive, was sentenced at Croydon Crown Court on August 2 2016 to fifteen years in prison. The 75-year-old was found guilty of two counts of indecent assault – one from the 1970s and one from the 1990s.
He already served 13 months in prison for indecent assault on a teenage boy, for which he went on trial in 2000
Franks on the 29 June 2017 pleaded guilty to three further offences of gross indecency with a former Sedgehill Secondary School pupil . He was sentenced to a further two year impriosnment to run consecutively to his fifteen years
If you, or a loved one, has been affected by sexual abuse then please get in touch with our team of specialist solicitors who deal with child abuse in schools and colleges.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."