Christopher Hartley, of Denham Avenue, Great Sankey, Warrington, is accused of a catalogue of historic sex offences, which allegedly occurred at the former Harris Children’s Home off Garstang Road in Fulwood, Preston.
During a brief hearing before the same court, a judge was told he was initially accused of 13 counts of indecent assault and eight counts of inciting a girl to commit an act of gross indecency.
The alleged offences are said to have been committed between 1972 and 1978.
They involved four female victims who were aged between eight and 16 years old at the time.
Now he faces two additional counts of rape against a girl under 16 over an 18 month period in the mid 1970s.
He is also accused of inciting her to commit gross indecency with another person when she was under 14, and an indecent assault.
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with claims in respect of child abuse. If you were subject to child abuse please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."