A former teacher from Oswestry has been warned to expect a substantial prison sentence for a series of historic sex offences involving 35 victims.
Gordon Fleming, 66, pleaded guilty to 11 charges of indecent assaults on girls under 13 when he appeared at Swansea Crown Court last week. He had previously pleaded gulty to 24 charges.
The offences were said to have been carried out in the 1980s
He is due to be sentenced on the 15 September 2017 and the hearing is likley to take all day due to the number of impact statements that will need to be read.
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with child abuse claims/sexual abuse claims and have previously dealt with significant large number actions in Wales including the Cyntwell School litigation.
If you were subject to child abuse please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."