More former pupils have come forward to claim they were abused by a teacher who was jailed for making pupils take part in naked parades.
Martin Haigh taught English and science at Ashdown House, an independent prep school in East Sussex.
Brighton Crown Court heard how the 67-year-old ‘encouraged pupils’ at the school to take part in naked parades and sex games with each other between 1973 and 1975.
Haigh was jailed for 11 years on March 23 this year for five indecent assaults and six counts of gross indecency against four boys aged between seven and 12, between the years of 1972 and 1978. He was also convicted of the possessing indecent images.
He was also put on the sex offenders’ register for life and made subject to a sexual harm prevention order.
Since his sentencing, former pupils from Chaucer School in Canterbury – where Haigh taught after Ashdown – too say they were also abused by the paedophile.
Haigh became a master at Chaucer School, which is now closed, in the late 1970s and continued to work there in the 1980s.
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with claims in respect of child abuse. If you were subject to child abuse please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."