Steven John Joyce, 66, who serially abused boys at a Devon boarding school - Marland School in the 1980s had his too soft sentence doubled by senior judges today.
He preyed on four vulnerable schoolboys when he should have been guarding their welfare, London's Appeal Court heard.
He was handed a sentence of seven years two months after admitting a string of sex crimes - including 11 indecent assaults and two attempts at buggery.
But his case reached the Appeal Court today as lawyers for the Solicitor General, Robert Buckland QC, called for a much tougher sentence.
Lord Justice Davis ruled that the sentence was "far far too low" - and doubled it to 14 years and four months.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."