A former primary school head teacher who sexually abused 35 girls under the age of 13 has been jailed for 10 years.
Gordon Fleming, 66, from Oswestry in Shropshire, touched the school pupils indecently in his classroom in a Powys school during the 1970s and 80s.
He previously pleaded guilty to 35 counts of indecent assault.
Swansea Crown Court judge Geraint Walters told Fleming he had "caused severe psychological harm to his victims".
In 1992, he was jailed for four years after admitting nine counts of indecent assault against girls in one of the three schools in which he taught.
Judge Walters added in his 35 years at the bar, he had never seen a case of this nature which involved so many victims.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."