A British pensioner wanted by police over a string of alleged sexual offences against children in North Wales orphanages has been arrested in Malta.
Bryan Davies, 70, is accused of 38 sexual offences, which are said to have occurred between 1975 and 1978 and from 2007 to 2013, police said.
He was arrested on the Maltese island of Gozo, where he had retired and had been living in the village of Munxar, according to authorities.
A Maltese court ruled Davies will be extradited to the UK to face charges including serious sexual assault, indecent assault, taking indecent photos of children and inciting children to take part in sexual activities.
Davies agreed to the extradition, which should happen within 10 days.
He waived his right to appeal which his defence lawyer said was not an admission of guilt.
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with child abuse claims/sexual abuse claims. If you were subject to child abuse please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."