Ex-football coach Barry Bennell has been found guilty of multiple sex offences against boys in the 1980s.
Liverpool Crown Court heard Bennell had a "power hold" over aspiring players aged between eight and 15 and abused them on an "industrial scale".
The 64-year-old was convicted of 43 charges against 10 boys, including indecent and serious sexual assaults.
Prosecutors had described Bennell as a "predatory and determined paedophile".
They compared him to the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, while his victims described his home as a "paradise" for young boys, where they would play games and be given takeaway food.
Boys were abused at his home - where he had arcade games and exotic pets including a puma and a monkey - on trips away, and in his car on the way to and from training.
The youth scout and junior football coach was associated with a number of clubs including Crewe Alexandra, and Manchester City - where he was said to have been treated like "God".
In his evidence to the court, one victim, Chris Unsworth, said Bennell had raped him "about half a dozen times".
It is understood 86 others have come forward to say they were victims
If you, or a loved one, have been affected by sexual abuse, please do not hesitate to contact our team of experienced lawyers who will be happy to speak to you about whether it may be possible to bring an abuse claim.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."