A TALENTED musician and teacher has been jailed for sexually abusing a pupil at Ampleforth College over some years.
Judge Andrew Stubbs QC told Dara De-Cogan, 58: “You used her to satisfy your sexual desires and to act out your own sexual fantasies.
“It was an abject failure of the trust her parents had placed in Ampleforth College and more particularly in you.”
De-Cogan, of Kilburn near Thirsk, pleaded guilty to ten charges of engaging in sexual activity while in a position of trust and was jailed for 28 months at York Crown Court. He was also put on the sex offenders’ register for ten years and banned from ever contacting the girl again
If you were subject to abuse in your childhood please do not hesitate to contact Charles Derham our specialist child abuse solicitor and head of abuse team.. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."