A former police officer and scout leader has been sentenced to 22 years relating to the sexual exploitation of 23 boys over a 37 year period.
Allan Richards, 54, from Kitts Green, joined West Midlands Police in 1980 and in 1982 he became a scout leader in Birmingham. Richards used both of these positions to identify his potential victims and also targeted vulnerable boys at a local park.
He continued his offending after leaving the police force in 2011.
His first attack took place in 1976 and his offending continued until 2013.
Richards was convicted of the following:
- 2 counts of Rape
- 1 count of Buggery
- 5 counts of Misconduct in a Public Office
- 3 counts of Gross Indecency with a Child
- 7 counts of Sexual Activity with a Child
- 1 count of Inciting Sexual Activity with a Child
- 20 counts of Indecent Assault
- 1 count of Voyeurism
Verisona Law have specific expertise in dealing with claims in respect of child abuse claims. If you were subject to abuse please do not hesitate to contactour specialist child abuse team. We will treat any communications with the strictest of confidence.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers
"Thank you for all your much appreciated hard work. I will truly never forget your kindness towards me. Your patience, respect and understanding at all times was beyond words. The sincere compassion shown meant more to me than words could ever express. This firm will forever hold a special place in my heart."