What to do if you think you have a personal injury claim

Personal injury is certainly an area where it pays to take action as quickly as you can following an injury.

Witness’s contact details can change if you leave things, locations may alter and evidence can be lost. Additionally there are time limits for claims and you will need to leave us time to prepare a case.

If you suffer a personal injury, here are some things to do right away:-

TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS of locations, injuries and any accident causes. Do this immediately if you can – and date the photographs. This is great evidence and your solicitor will want to see them when you meet for the first time.

ASK FOR COPIES OF THE ACCIDENT REPORT: ask whoever is compiling the report to give you a copy and ask them if similar accidents have happened before. Note this down.

GET WITNESSES: take contact details of anyone who saw the accident or could say how long a pavement for example had been left in a state of disrepair. Get their mobile numbers if possible.

CONTACT A SOLICITOR: many firms, including Verisona Law, will act on a no-win/no-fee basis if you have a good case. We will also visit you at home or in hospital if you cannot come to us.

If you would like to discuss your case, in confidence and without obligation, please contact us.

Road Traffic accidents

  • Simple Whiplash rear end shunt claims to complex claims involving paraplegia.
  • Fatal accident claims.

Accidents At Work

  • Personal injuries suffered during the course of employment
  • Manual handling operations injuries
  • Slips and trips
  • Work related upper limb disorders
  • Mesothelioma & asbestosis claims.

Public Liability & Occupier’s Liability

  • Claims against councils and others where injuries have been sustained i.e. slips and trips
  • Injuries sustained in public places i.e. children’s parks/playgrounds and shops
  • Sporting injuries sustained in public or private grounds
  • Dog bite & dangerous horse injuries
  • Injuries on club premises
  • Injuries caused by independent contractors
  • Injuries in schools, injuries in swimming pools
  • Injuries in prisons
  • Claims against neighbours regarding defective premises causing injury
  • Public utilities liability.

Landlord & tenant, private/local authority

  • Housing disrepair claims

Product Liability

  • Defective electrical equipment, defective vehicle, defective drug/medication, defective chemical products, food poisoning due to defective packaging are examples.

Make an