A Bristol inquest is examining allegations of clinical negligence raised by the parents of Rohan Rhodes, who was born prematurely in 2012 and subsequently died at St Michael’s Hospital in Bristol.
St Michael’s is part of the same Foundation Trust as Bristol Children’s Hospital, which, it was revealed, is facing investigations into a number of children’s deaths over the past three years.
While no-one would question the dedication of the vast majority of healthcare professionals in the UK, there are many examples of Trusts failing to act on lessons learned when failings do occur.
This is where legal action for clinical negligence has a vital role to play, forcing organisations to face up to what has gone wrong and to take concrete steps to prevent it from happening again.
In our experience, this is the priority for most of the people we act for in clinical negligence claims. They need hear the truth of what went wrong and to receive a genuine expression of regret.
If you believe you or a loved one has suffered in this way you can speak to one of our specialist lawyers in complete confidence. The initial consultation is free and we can come to you.
Below is a selection of organisations/instutions/bodies we are frequently instructed to pursue.
Private schools, boarding schools, local authority schools, closed schools, hospital schools.
The Scouts Association, St Johns Ambulance, MIND, the Children’s Society, Barnados.
- Football trainers, judo teachers, dance instructors, swimming instructors, holiday activity centres, nurseries, youth clubs.
Local Authorities/Ministry of Defence
- County Councils, Borough Councils, City Councils, ILEA, cadets, navy/ army (forces).
National Health Service Trusts/Commissioning Boards/GPs
- Hospitals, Disability care centres, children’s care providers.
- Convicted perpetrators, acquitted perpetrators.
- Respite care, full time children’s home, part-time children’s homes.
- Roman Catholic Church, United Synagogue, Sisters of Nazareth, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Christian Brothers Order.
- Permanent carers, temporary carers