The South Coast has a terrific music, media and entertainment community. Emerging and established artists flock here, but until recently seeing a specialist Music Lawyer meant taking the London train. We decided to abolish that inconvenience and have established a highly respected music, media and entertainment law team that has great industry connections and operates from offices in Brighton and Portsmouth.
Our clients include well-known international artists and companies, in music, film, digital, theatre, TV and publishing, and we have a great name for nurturing and representing the best emerging talent.
If you are looking for an industry Lawyer who will invest in your future, create opportunities, get the best deal for you and stay with you for the long haul, please get in touch.
- Artists, from individual musicians and bands, to DJs and composers with recording, publishing and management agreements.
- Managers and Agents with their client agreements.
- Record Labels, Music Publishing Companies and Distributors with the entire spectrum of legal obligations and protection: production, distribution and sample clearance agreements, digital and DVD rights, synchronisation and compilation licensing, brand protection and copyright.
- Event Managers and Promoters with tour and merchandising agreements.
Media and Digital
- Content Aggregators and Owners on publishing agreements, digital content licensing and related rights.
- Online Digital Providers, Retailers and Mobile Operators on compliance with internet and data protection laws.
- Media Broadcasters and Public Figures on matters of defamation and privacy
- Publishers on clearance of copyright materials for print publication.
TV and Film Entertainment
- Producers and Production Companies on director, producer, production, location and cast & crew agreements.
- Artists and Broadcasters on talent deals including music for television.
- Distributors on broadcast licensing, merchandising rights, clearances and acquisition.