Verisona Law has a well-established Football & Sports Law practice. We advise or represent numerous clubs, associations and players in both the professional and amateur worlds. Led by Michael Dyer, the team is especially active in the worlds of football, golf and cricket and has a wealth of knowledge about sports governance, business and player matters.
Recently we have been instrumental in the turnaround of Portsmouth FC and its transition to fan ownership, and in restructuring Aldershot FC. Read the case studies below.
As part of a broad-based business and personal law firm, we can handle complex matters for you, spanning fields such as property, employment, commercial rights, finance and company turnaround.
If you are looking for expert advice and strong representation from people who understand sports, please put us on your teamsheet.
Managers, back-room staff and players
With our comprehensive legal expertise and services we can make an immediate impact, wherever you play us.
- Players, managers and back-room staff
- Employment contracts and variations
- Agent representation
- Disciplinary representation
- Personal sponsorship & image rights
- Family law, wealth management, property
Clubs and club owners
- Funding and business sale/acquisition
- Transfer agreements
- Employment and HR matters
- Insolvency and turnarounds
- IP, image rights and brand enforcement
- Disciplinary presentations
- Regulatory issues
Governing bodies, community groups and associations
- Fan ownership and club acquisition
- Sporting codes and ethics
- Disciplinary matters
- IP Protection>